A magnificent structure made out of steel, concrete, and glass. Skyscrapers are the symbol of our human limitations. That we build and destroy every day. The first tower in the world was just 180 feet high and was built with 10 floors. It is the Home Insurance Building built in Chicago in 1855.
Then, next, the Empire State Building, at 1454 ft., was the tallest structure on the planet for more than half a century. Today, it’s not even among its top forty. Here’s a list of the five highest buildings in the world today:
The building of Burj Khalifa began in 2004 with the exterior finished five years later, in 2009. Constructed primarily of reinforced concrete, the building. The steel used for structural construction was sourced from the previous East German parliament. The Palace of the Republic in East Berlin. The building was inaugurated on October 10, 2010, in the context of the new development known as Downtown Dubai.
- It was intended to serve as the central feature of vast mixed-use development.
- The decision to build the structure was based on an initiative by the federal government to diversify.
- Aside from an economy based on oil, it is time for Dubai to achieve international recognition.
- The building was named after Abu Dhabi, the capital of Abu Dhabi, and the President of the United Arab Emirates.
Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
The Government of Abu Dhabi and the UAE provided funds to Dubai to pay its debt. The building set many records for height. This includes its status as the tallest structure on earth. Burj Khalifa, situated at 2717 feet in height is the highest building in the world.
The original plan was to have the building called Burj Dubai. The developers resigned from the project midway and were supported by the chief of Abu Dhabi. The result was the change of name.
It is the highest structure in China and is the third-highest building in the world in terms of the height of its architectural design. It is the highest and biggest LEED Platinum-certified building in the world. The building’s construction began in November of 2008 and was finished on August 3, 2013. The exterior was completed in the 2015 summer.
- The project was thought to be finished in September 2014. The building was initially laid out.
- The museum will be open to the public in November 2014.
- It is located within Lujiazui, Pudong, Shanghai. The tower is the second-highest. Its highest point is 2073 feet above the ground, and with 126 floors.
- It is among the tallest and most sustainable buildings in the world.
- The entire building has been divided into 9 distinct areas.
- Each zone is designated for retail, leisure or office uses.
MAKKAH ROYAL CLOCK TOWER
There is Mecca Royal Clock Tower Complex also known as Abraj Al-Bait Towers. It is situated near Masjid Al Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. It is an integrated hotel and residential complex. The construction project started in 2004 and was finished in 2012. The structure is comprised of seven towers that are built on top of the podium. The highest minaret, adorned in the Mecca Royal Clock is 601 meters from the base.
This makes it among the top ten tallest buildings around the globe. The seven towers of the building sit on a 115-meter high and 15-story podium. It houses a vast retail space.
- The highest tower in the Mecca Royal Clock Tower hotel is situated at the heart of the hotel’s structure.
- The remaining six minarets can be found on the side of Hazara, Zamzam, Maqam, Qibla, and Marwah clock towers.
- Mosque with the most extensive neighbors in the entire world.
- The Great Mecca Mosque- The Mecca Royal Clock Tower is the third-highest structure in the world.
- The tower is part of the complex of seven towers that are owned by the Abraj Al-Bait government.
- Thousands of pilgrims who travel to Mecca every year have the opportunity to be a part of their journey.
- It is not just the third-highest tower, the tower is the largest and most expensive structure in the world.
- The construction cost is estimated at $15 billion.
PING AN FINANCE CENTRE
Text description provided by architects. KPF collaborated in conjunction with Ping An Insurance Company to develop a supertall office. It has 100 floors of office space above the conference and retail platform. The tower can accommodate 15,500 employees and 9000 daily commuters who will be on the observation deck.
It is the Ping an Finance Center.
With a 115-foot high and has a floor of 65 feet.
Ping an Center took the fourth position at the top of the chart.
LOTTE WORLD TOWER
It is situated in Seoul in South Korea, and Lotte is located in Seoul, South Korea. The Lotte Tower stands fifth highest, with an 1821-foot height, divided into 123 floors. The building is a great place to stay in Korea’s most thriving urban area.