History of Magento:
On 31st August 2007, This came into being. It was the brainchild of Varian, who worked for the network, Roy Rubin, and You Konner. Magento Mobile was released in 2010. They changed the company from Varian to this. Later, in a $ 180 million transaction, it was purchased by eBay. In 2015, Magento 2 was formally released. In 2018.
What is Magento?
Magento is a leading e-commerce site in the enterprise-class, empowering over 200,000 online retailers to date and selected by 1 out of 4 online businesses. It is a highly scalable eCommerce platform that is widely chosen for eCommerce development worldwide and is respected by the developer community as they enjoy working with its rich features of web development. It provides much useful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools for the store.
Magento comes in two versions:
Magento Open Source Edition:
The open-source eCommerce platform, previously known as the Community version, is accessible for anyone to download. For corporations, startups, and small shops, this version is great.
Magento Commerce Edition:
Formerly named as an edition of Enterprise. For a growing business, Magento Enterprise Edition comes with out-of-the-box features and more personalized options. It also provides you with technical support for installation, use, setup and troubleshooting.
Top Brands Using Magento:
According to estimates, more than 200,000 businesses worldwide use Magento. This includes some of the leading labels worldwide, such as:
This is a version upgraded to Magento 1. Magento 2 comes with many upgrades, such as:
- Magento 2 has a highly improved admin interface that enables non-tech users to do more without relying on their developers. It also helps you to complete your assignments faster.
- Magento 2 can now process 117% more orders per hour, and can accommodate 2.1 million hourly page views. Adding an answer to the cart server is now 66 percent faster, and an end-to-end checkout is now 51 percent faster due to improved performance.
- The checkout process for Magento 2 is more simplified, consisting of just two basic steps that make it simpler and quicker for customers to navigate from the cart to the finished order. Your clients will now see the estimate of the delivery and the tax right at the checkout
- Free Community Version
- Hosting – $4-$100+/month
- Enterprise Edition-Customized cost dependent on requirements
- SEO: You need to carry traffic to your website through different search engines for a successful e-commerce company (Google, Yahoo, and Bing). One of the features that makes the Magento system so strong is SEO. It lets you adjust and optimize the elements of your page.
- Open-source: It is a highly flexible framework that allows you to create a website as you wish.
- Scalable: This platform is highly scalable. It can easily deal with whether you sell 200 or 2,000,000 items.
- Device Friendly: It is compatible with numerous smartphones and tablets and is mobile-friendly.
- Feature-rich: It has many features as an open-source platform, such as a wide variety of currencies, different locations, various languages, etc.
- Expensive Plans: The expense is the greatest downside. While its version of the Community is free, that makes it a perfect choice for small businesses. Its Premium version, however, is aimed at medium and large enterprises, which is very expensive.
- Time-Consuming: Getting acquainted with the platform becomes complicated as well as time-consuming. And creating customizations is becoming very difficult. Currently, developers need more time than for other solutions to get up to their learning curve.
- Technical Skills: Without having proper coding experience and development skills, you can’t work with Magento. To handle the software, it’s very hard to find good developers
Things Magento Website Development Company Must Have:
In the current market, this is now becoming a growing phenomenon due to its comprehensive features. Before selecting any custom Magento creation agency, here are few items to remember.
- Business Practices
Sales of online commerce worldwide on the Magento platform will be $224B by 2020.
This post was written by Christine Kush, who is a talented entrepreneur. He is a technology enthusiast and serves as a professional blogger for Folio3 Magento extensions Development Company. In addition to the development of Shoplift, Folio3 has widespread e-commerce growth on other sites such as Magento, Big-commerce, Wow commerce, etc.